View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 01:44 AM
mich25

vCash: 500
I find it interesting that the Penguins are interested in Iginla. I mean I can understand the possibility of Iginla playing with Malkin/Crosby, but I always thought the Penguins were pretty damn offensively gifted/solid, and if anything just needed to improve their defense, so it kind of surprises me a little to hear they are interested in Iginla. LA/Chicago I can understand, but would Iginla be traded to a west coast team? I guess if the price is right, but what would they offer?

I think it will come down to the Penguins and Bruins. Bruins IMO need Iginla the most (some Bruins fans disagree), but my only concern is that PC might get cheap and think the cost is too high, and the Bruins can do just as well with another player without giving up too much - (I disagree), so it will be interesting. The Bruins were rumored to be very interested in Corey Perry (who would have cost a lot too), so maybe I'm wrong, although Perry is younger than Iginla. I can see Iginla being the Captain of the young Bruins forward core and really mentoring Lucic - who knows maybe turning him into a mini-me version of himself. The Bruins really need some leadership and a proven veteran to mix in to their forward group.

What kind of deal ($/length) do you think Iginla could fetch or be looking for with his next contract?

Last edited by mich25: 03-24-2013 at 02:05 AM.