View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 02:12 AM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
I work in a hockey store and am mainly a sticks guy so I have a solid opinion on what I like and don't like.

First I'll start with the stick I actually use outside of the store, which is the CCM RBZ. It's an 85 flex, Landeskog curve. I love this stick. The custom kickpoint isn't even noticeable to me but the blade is what I love the most. The speed channels I do notice, as I feel there's more pop off the blade. I also love that it's a white blade. Totally feel different handling the puck because of it. It's all a mental thing but I just like how it looks with the ice.

Now, I've used basically every stick in our store testing them out so I will list the one's I like, and don't like. Then I will comment on the one's I feel like commenting on..

LOVE: Mako 2
LIKE: NXG, T100, 20K, DT1, RS's
DISLIKE: APX, NEXUS 1000, MAKO (original)

The Mako 2... unbelievable stick IMO. The stick has such a great all around feel. Balance, weight, blade, shaft, kickpoint, everything.. The kick in this stick is great and the sandpapery blade gives a great feel for stickhandling.

NXG... It's the lightest stick on the market and man can you tell. I have an RBZ but once in a while switch with my buddy at the ODR who has an NXG and it's a weird feeling. One thing I'd like to share about this stick is I think the Total One (which I had last year) felt better in my hands then the NXG, which is why I didn't buy it.

T100... For the price of this stick it's awesome. Probably the nicest looking stick also IMO.

Nexus 1000... I'm sorry, I just don't see anything special about this stick. I can get everything in this stick that Sherwood puts out for a cheaper price. Not to mention it's boring.. all black.. meh.

APX.. I don't know if it's right for me to put it in the dislike category cause it's not bad, but it's just not something I would buy.

What's next? Depending on how I feel about new sticks coming out for next season.. the Mako 2 no doubt.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote