View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 03:19 AM
FlamesFanatic12
The Next Owski

vCash: 50
I still think we should hang onto Bouwmeester until next season's trade deadline. He's been playing great under the new coach this season, and say we were to purge our forward ranks for picks/prospects, keeping a strong/deep defensive core can still keep us potentially competitive for a playoff spot. I'm in favor of the rebuild, just not the tanking method, it's their jobs to play professional hockey, I still expect the team to try to win.

But I do think that at next years trade deadline, as a pending free agent, and after over a year of playing well, we will get the absolute most value for Bouwmeester, I really don't see the point in trading him now. I'd be in favor of trading Kiprusoff, but with his play this season, I don't think anyone in the league would take him, at least not for anything even remotely worth it.

This yearm whether it be at the deadline or at the entry draft, I would look to trade Iginla/Cammalleri/TanguayStempniak. Iginla will get some good value back as a rental, and then it's up to him if he wants to resign on July 1. I'd welcome him back if he wanted to finish his career here. I just think we need the assets from trading him right now. Cammalleri is having a decent season, and next year is the last year on his contract. If we were to retain 2.5-3 of his cap hit, I think it would make him extremely appealing and ideal on the trade market, whether it is at the deadline or draft. If you could get Cammalleri for one season at a 3 million cap hit, wouldn't that appeal to you? Then Tanguay has been quite productive over the last couple of seasons, and just plays well all around, creates good chances, is a good skater, and despite the term on his contract, it is still only 3.5 a year for a fantastic second line player with good skills, we could potentially get a 1st for him, and if not that, a second rounder and decent prospect. Stempniak is one I am not dead set on trading away, we'd probably get at most a second, so I wouldn't mind hanging onto him for next year, but one of the guys who could still garner some interest.

This way, we keep the Glencross/Stajan/Hudler grouping together, who have been really good for us.

FlamesFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote