View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 04:05 AM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I hear this all the time. Better solve hot goalies, or you ain't going to the finals. It's time guys here adjusted to reality: We are going to the PO, and in the PO, 'the goalie was hot' is not an excuse.
Ryan Miller is much less likely to have a .975 save percentage over a series than he is over one game.

If however we do run into a hot goalie in the playoffs, understand that it was a fluke and move on. Don't do what Washington did after Halak, from which they blew up their team and wasted three years because the Habs had a flukey win over Washington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I have said since this summer that DD had to score goals this year to stay on the team. Guess I was wrong, as we just signed him for 4 years. I love DD, but I absolutely hate centres that can't score goals. Eller is next on my list for the same problem.

Carter would look damn good right now on line 1. Oh well, PG didn't see the problem, I guess.

You think we're fine next year with:

Pleks: 25 goals

DD: 16 goals

Eller: 16 goals

Gally: 16 goals, (30 in 2 more years)?

We are not fine at centre at all. We need a goal scoring centre. Said it a thousand times before, and I'm saying it again.
Plekanec has 12 goals over 31 games (32 goal pace) in spite of frequently starting in the defensive zone against elite opposition.

Eller and DD need to step it up.

Gally gets a pass because he's 19.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote