View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 05:08 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
Quote:
The more I can't understand why so many guys leave Russia that early. Look at Ovechkin, Kovalchuk or Malkin. They first played pro hockey in Russia and did this damage their development? I would say rather not.
As I see it.. because guys are without contract at 16/17 (last year kids born 1995, this year 1996ers, next 1997ers). They are drafted/protected by KHL club but dont sign new contract for 3years. They move to CHL/USHL instead. That is the best timing for kids, because russian clubs have NO influence to keep them. Kids are without contract since 1.5. of particular year. They can not leave earlier (because of attending primary school and CHL import draft is not held at 15y of a kid, as I know) or later (because they need permission of russian club - like Kucherov got from CSKA, because they can became next Prokhorkins .... yes, they can buy out contract with KHL club, but who do it? at 18th/19th?). That is how Yakupov/Namestnikov etc (2010), Grigorenko (2011), Zadorov etc (2012) left. When Namestnikov/Yakupov moved, the KHL entry contracts were for 5years (until he is 20y), today are for 3years (until he is 22y)