View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 06:23 AM
Bergeron47

vCash: 500
Living in Australia, this has been the first game I've seen with Mike Brown.

I don't get it. All those things I heard about him going 110% on every shift, hitting everything on the ice, and establishing a physical presence.
I didn't see any of that tonight.

As for the rest of the game:

Was Eberle even dressed? Was he scratched with the flu with RNH? Honest question.

Hemsky was awesome and dangled and created chances. The part that disturbs me is that many considered Hemsky the odd man out in the top-6 after drafting Yakupov because of all the skill from the other offensive players. Yet every game I watch, which has been about 6-7, Hemskys usually one of the top 2 forwards on the ice.

Whitney looked terrible, like in the first few games before he was scratched? What the hell?

Khabi's early goal deflated them. No amount of great saves could have made up for that. The game was over once that happened.

For a #1 pick, Yakupov is really scaring me. Seeing guys like Hall, RNH, Kane, Tavares in their first years, they looked like they belonged. I understand Yak has the worst linemates in the league, but skating around really fast isn't really enough for me. Yeah, he tries hard, he shows emotion. But in the games I've seen he's been a complete non factor.

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote