View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 07:45 AM
hoosierpred

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
I think it's time for a reasonably big sale. I'm a pretty patient person; we don't need a full rebuild, but our offense has systemic issues that cannot be fixed with a piece or two. Gill / SK / Legwand / Hannan at the least should be moved at the deadline. Gaustad is another option; faceoff wins are more highly valued in the playoffs. Blum is a piece that will have to be moved for anything of significant value. Do not move Erat; one off year and moving him would be a terrible mistake. He has been the most consistent forward on the Preds over the last several years.

I highly advise against trading for a Gaborik type player. Our best forwards are all relatively young; acquire more young talent and build a sustainable pipeline that does not require us to offload a key piece like Bourque or Hornqvist.

Take young talent or draft picks then deal with ~2 years of mediocrity before coming back as a new team. It sucks, but it really has to be done. We should be able to retain Josi / Ellis / Ekholm into said new era and we have Kleiner / Weber / Rinne locked up. It's not a terrible position, you just need to commit to it and realize a Cup win is not in the near-term.
I completely agree with every one of these points. I do not agree with those that say that anyone can get hot and win it all in the playoffs. The teams that do that are usually underachievers compared to their talent during the year. That's is not where we are.

hoosierpred is offline   Reply With Quote