View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 08:25 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 213
Bracketology Blog - One game left, two scenarios, two brackets.
Jayson Moy - Senior Writer - USCHO.com - Sunday, March 24.

There’s one more game left to be played and it will decide which team will be the last to make it into the NCAA tournament. Let’s put the bracket prediction down first, and then we’ll explain how we got there after that. Since we have two different scenarios, let’s lay out two different brackets depending upon who wins the CCHA championship game.

(LaxSabre - click on link for the complete brackets as well as for more commentary by Jayson on how he got these scenarios. To save some room - I just posted the regional sites in the two scenarios that listed Canisius and Niagara.)

Scenario #1 — Michigan wins the CCHA tournament - If Michigan wins the CCHA and the automatic bid, then Yale is the last team out. Midwest Regional (Toledo, Ohio): #13-St. Cloud State vs. #4- Miami, Ohio. #10-Niagara vs. #6-North Dakota. East Regional (Providence, Rhode Island): #16-Canisius vs. #1-Quinnipiac. #12 Union vs. #5-Boston College.

Scenario #2 — Notre Dame wins the CCHA tournament - If Notre Dame wins the CCHA and the automatic bid, Yale is the last team in with an at-large bid and Michigan is the last team out. West Regional (Grand Rapids, Mich.): #15-Yale vs. #2-Minnesota. #10-Niagara vs. #8-North Dakota. East Regional (Providence, Rhode Island): #16-Canisius vs. #1-Quinnipiac. #12-Union vs. #6-Boston College.

http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/20...-two-brackets/

LaxSabre - Well we know the Griffins first opponent for sure will be Quinnipiac while Jayson has the Purple Eagles first opponent as North Dakota. Where Niagara plays according to Jayson depends on who wins the CCHA - Michigan - the Purple Eagles go to Toledo, Ohio - Notre Dame - the Purple Eagles go to Grand Rapids, Michigan. (I would like to see the second happen as I not only get to have my Irish win the final CCHA Conference Tournament Title but I know some former WNYers who live near Grand Rapids who would love to see Niagara play.)

As for where Canisius will play, it will be Providence, Rhode Island no matter who wins this afternoon. Quinnipiac is slated there because they are the "home team" - NCAA likes to have send the teams to regional sites that are close for attendence purposes. (If NCAA decides to give Buffalo a shot at hosting a NCAA regional before they give us another shot at hosting the Frozen Four - Canisius or Niagara do well and make it that year - they will be playing at the First Niagara Center. Hope thats soon!) The other matchup in Providence, Rhode Island will be Union vs Boston College, no matter who wins between Notre Dame and Michigan this afternoon.

You can watch the final CCHA Conference Tournament Final - 2:00 pm ET - LIVE on Fox Sports Detroit - Fox Sports Atlantic or on Madison Square Garden Network Plus. Prediction: ND 4 MICH 2 - Go Notre Dame! Beat Michigan!

Last edited by LaxSabre: 03-24-2013 at 02:16 PM.