View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 10:10 AM
showtime8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Just watching the Dallas-Colorado game from yesterday... guess who snapped the 1st goal for Dallas (Roy). Great game to watch if you want to scout some potential trade targets and you have GCL or something.

Falt, I dunno about Stas... every time I watch Colorado I'm underwhelmed by Stas. Not to say he doesn't have skill, he just never seems to get inside with the puck.
These boards have hyped him up too much. He's been declining since he got the contract and only now people are starting to say he's expendable. I don't know how you go from one offseason where they are trying to get extreme value for the guy and now it seems like he's on his way out.

Derek Roy is not the answer. He is a UFA, so I would be ok with just having him down for the stretch run, but who do you give up? He's not a huge upgrade on Bozak to justify paying a big price and you can't take Grabovski out of the lineup simply because of what you're paying him. Plus, Dallas is still in a playoff push and sitting 8th in the West so I don't think they are going to start dishing guys.

Logically, if they're at the game, the Leafs are looking for someone from Colorado. I think the name that you're going to see talked about is Ryan O'Byrne. Expiring contract and an affordable one...makes the most sense to me. Likely giving up a pick or a prospect.