View Single Post
03-24-2013, 09:55 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Those 2 guys are really nice prospects. 1 Problem, do you think if they stay they will ever get a shot playing in Kazan? I don't think so, I could be wrong, but probably not...
I have new solution instead of draft - If a player plays 4 seasons in MHL or 2 in the VHL without playing some amount of games in the KHL, he is eligible to go on waivers, meaning the lowest place team has a chance to sign him first. This way guys who are good enough to move on but are stuck in a teams deep system will force the KHL team to either play them or lose them. No compensation for the lost player.
So in a hypothetical worst case situation a 19 yo Svechnikov who would be in his 4th year of MHL would either be forced to be called up to the VHL, where he would only have to stay for 2 years, or the KHL. So the worst case scenario for him is that he is 21 with 2 years of VHL behind him and eligible to sign elsewhere. They wouldn't be able to just call a guy up to the KHL for a few games to negate the rule, to avoid it thet would have to play a guy at least 10min a game for at least 75% of the season.
Of course the numbers are hypothetical Im sure better ones could be made up (maybe only 3 years of MHL?), what do you guys think?
I copied the post, not to be offtopic in another thread.

Maybe they dont get a chance to play for Ak Bars in next 3 seasons, but what is better for them? To stay and after 3 seasons to be free agents in KHL system (dont accept QO)? Or to leave and be RFA of Ak Bars (if protected) until 29 yrs old?

Btw, if they moved to CHL, they will not be fully NHLers until 20y old. Look at Grigorenko, playing CHL. Why?

To start, Ak Bars is one of teams which dont like KHL draft. They would abandon it if they could. Why? Because Ak Bars is loosing its pupils to another KHL clubs.

I think Ak Bars would not support your idea of changing rules. I like the idea/principle. But you have to differ playing MHL before KHL draft and after drafting. VHL rules changed before this season - 25 names roster must consist of minimal 5 players under 23yrs, next minimum of 5 guys under 25yrs + you have to dress one or two players under 20yrs in game (dont remember). That is why Bars in MHL does not have many 91/92ers anymore. All moved to VHL or KHL. Dont count D Garipov, 91, and F Golubev, 91 who played only a few games (max 4) in regular. Only F Makarov, 92 and Lomako, 92 and Sokolov, 91 (only 30 games) played MHL this season. In VHL D Zheleznov played 30 games, F Faizullin 20 games, F Kalimullin played 3rd VHL season, F Baikeyev 19g, F Sokolov 6g, F Tkachyov 7g, F Archipov 6g.

I am of opinion that not everyone can play KHL at 17/18yrs. Only 4-5 such players played Elitserien this season (not counting 1 or 2 games in regulars). And Elitserien is not so good. Look, best in Elitserien was Slovak Cehlarik 95. Would he be the same good in KHL this season (if he got the same TOI). Btw, he played 6 minutes yesterday in PO (btw Nichuskin plays 8+ minutes in KHL PO.. can not claim he does not get chance, because in Elitserien the best player has less TOI and SEL is weaker).

VHL is ideal of not THE BEST russians under 19/20. That is my opinion. The best, like Tarasenko/Nicushkin must get KHL chance at 18 or earlier, and they got it earlier, getting it now and will get in future. But they must be in KHL system at their 17/18 not in canadian jr leagues.

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote