View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 09:55 AM
BubbaBoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Yeah, unless I'm missing something, Alf Smith has no business being on an ATD penalty kill, let alone the first unit. And Bridgman - Smyl seems below average for a second unit. Messier is a horse, but he's really being heavily relied on here.

On D, Jack Stewart is an awesome penalty killer, but Leo Boivin... meh. You guys really need Babe Siebert on the penalty kill.

I think you're wasting Gordie Drillion by not having him on the first PP - getting garbage goals in front of the net is by far his best skill. Otherwise, the PP forwards are good; lack of a natural PP QB up top hurts though - Pitre and Stanfield are more shooters than QBs.

EB and Dave really made an extreme team. Waves of tough scorers who are going to relentlessly pound the defense at even strength without a rest. Much better at even strength than on special teams, though. I also think lack of a real shut down unit could make it tough to hold a lead - provided the opponent hasn't already given up from the constant physical abuse.
I had this same feeling but since I don't know some of these earlier players as well you do it's good to know that I wasn't far off. (Although Drillon is someone who's caught my eye and I'll research more about him).

You're right about Stanfield, he was more of a shooter than a playemaker on the PP point but that was pretty much what the Bruins PP was at the time. Orr and Stanfield shooting with Espo, Bucyk and Hodge getting the rebounds or tips.

BubbaBoot is offline   Reply With Quote