View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 11:26 AM
mcnorth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
Kovalchuk might not be playing versus Ottawa. He seemed to get injured crashing into the boards.

Different topic. Anyone else noticing how many goals are being scored low on goalies right now, mostly five hole variety? Is this a trend that relates to the increasing size of goalies or just an anomaly in a shortened season? The NHL is apparently talking about making pads shorter anterior to the proximal femur region. This may be something that will result in more scoring league wide.
I think you called it - IMO also, it is the increasing size of the goalies.

So some random thoughts:
- Boucher getting fired. Everyone likes Yzerman but... he has laid a pretty big egg with that roster in Tampa Bay. Lindback wasn't the answer and that's on him. St. Louis and Vinny aren't getting any younger and he hasn't done anything about that. Interesting to see what they do there b/c I think they stink right now.

- Speaking of coaching and goaltending. I was musing last night as I read through the wiki site looking at the Sens seasons since 08 and wondered if we did truly need a rebuild or if we just, like most teams, just needed to find a coach and a goalie. Now I feel like we have four good coaches and three goalies. Weird. But, then again, as much as we loved Fisher and Kelly and those guys we had to part with - not like we ever won with them, right? Heart over head.

- I feel like we're a winger for Spezza away from being one of the better teams in the league. As a Sens fan I worry that we won't get it, and even if we do we'll get beat up by the Leafs in the firt round of the play-offs and lose anyway.

- And no disrespect to my wife intended, but the four goal outburst in the first period yesterday was the happiest ten minutes of the year for me so far.