View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 10:34 AM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlZamMan View Post
I've never had an issue with Koziel & Oakman before, and when I saw them come out before puck-drop, I thought "Good, we'll have a well-called game tonight." Wow, was I wrong about that!
The Ikonen double cross-check was a combo of that + hit from behind + boarding. Camera's & O'Connor's calls then get that?? The other calls & non-calls made a joke of seeing great high-level OHL hockey take second stage. Sad, very sad. Even a couple Fronts fans in attendance were saying they could see that the calls were lop-sided & inconsistent. The + side as a Colts fan was that we got to see what a real power-play plan looks like. The Fronts have a beauty!
This is a great hockey series so far. It's too bad the stripes drew the attention away from that. A Travesty of the Game call should be made on these two for tonight's display.
The Fronts are clearly a determined and well-coached team. If Kingston wasn't such a drive on a weeknight I'd be going because again, these have been two great hockey games we've seen here.
I agree it has been a great series and Kingston has made in closer than I thought. Its just too bad the refs are trying to control the game. The OHL needs to train their refs better and clarify the rules to them.