View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 12:17 PM
chet1926

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I disagree. I think that a new, REAL coach would allow us to go on a run (like 4-5 game win streak) and then our holes on D would catch up to us. So it would be something like:

26 points in 30 games (as of this morning)
10 points in 5 games (5 game win streak)
14 points <- 7W - 5L the rest of the way

50 points total <- miss the playoffs by 4-6 points.

I believe that's what a new REAL coach would do for this team. We are too far out of it to make enough of a difference to get us in but it would significantly worsen our pick(s).
Those who think changing the coach will boost this team to a much better record are crazy. There are to many personnel holes for that to happen.

We only have 9 NHL caliber forwards, most of which would be best served playing bottom roles on good teams. 2 NHL caliber Dmen. And decent goaltending. We don't have the talent to make a little run to put us on borderline playoffs. You could put the best coach on the planet behind our bench and you'd still wouldn't get many wins due to our weak roster.

Changing the coach may give a 2 game boost, but after that our terrible defense and weak offense would come right back and we'd be doing the same thing we are now which is losing. The games might be closer due to a better system, but we'd still lose more than we won.