Thread: Speculation: Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIX
View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 12:35 PM
um

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
I would trade a future (prospect and/or pick....2nd rounder, Galiev, etc.) for Brendan Morrow or Jagr (gasp!), and put said player into our top 6. Plug into the top line with Ovy and Backs. Ovy plays LW with Jagr, or RW with Morrow. Morrow would probably add more muscle, grit, leadership etc....but less points and offense. Morrow would probably cost less to acquire?

I would then trade MaJo for the best D-man I could find, preferably a Vet guy with Grit. If we needed to throw in more with MaJo to get a better d-man, then so be it (and add Schultz for a song to get rid of the salary)...someone like Robyn Regehr would be ideal. With Kuznetsov and Forsberg in the wings (assuming we resign Ribeiro), MaJo becomes redundant.

Then trade Chimera for Talbot, to add more grit for the playoff push.

Top 6 if Ovechkin, Backstrom, Morrow/Jagr, Ribeiro, Laich, and Brouwer would be fantastic.

D-corps of Green, Alzner, Carlson, Regehr, Erskine, Olesky/Kundratek/Poti.

I know everyone here HATES Jagr, but he'd be a very strong add to this team. Hell, he made Giroux last year, and is leading Dallas in points.

Ovechkin-Backstrom-Jagr/Morrow
Laich-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Talbot-Perrault-Fehr
Hendricks-Beagle-Ward
Volpatti-Wolski

Green-Alzner
Orlov-Regehr
Carlson-Erskine
Olesky/Poti/Kundratek

Holtby

That team would put a real scare into anyone, *if* they could make the playoffs. If Holtby plays like he did last year, then that team could actually go far. Really far.

Thoughts?

That said,

Fire George
that is awful, youve actually made our team worse. the fact that you think morow is a top six forward is hilarious, not to mention giving up MAJO for robyn ****ing regher, jesus

Last edited by um: 03-24-2013 at 12:41 PM.