View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 11:44 AM
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Congrats to the Badgers on winning their first Broadmoor Cup since 1998. Very much deserved!

I saw most of this game (missed part of it because I was watching the ECAC Championship game, plus trying to follow what was happening in the Hockey East championship game).

What I did see of the game was an excellent all-around effort. Kerdiles was terrific in the game and definitely deserved the MVP. IMO, this was one of Rumpel's best games of the year. CC had some grade chances, especially in the 3rd period, but Rumpel made the saves that he needed to make.

I think the thing that most impressed me about the Badgers in the WCHA Final Five was how well the team, as a group, played on defense. It seemed like everyone was blocking shots and the forechecking was great and at times, relentless. It's also nice to see guys like Jefferson Dahl and the Littles chipping in with goals. As I'm sure you all know, at NCAA Tournament time, you want ALL of your guys getting their mojo going.

As for which regional they will end up in? My guess is they will end up going to the East regional in Providence and facing UMass-Lowell as their first opponent. If that is the case, the Badgers will definitely need to bring their "A" game and find a way to solve the River Hawks' red-hot goalie Connor Hellebuyck.

We shall see later this evening when the teams and brackets are announced.