View Single Post
Old
08-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Ludwig Fell Down

vCash: 500
I'm pretty mild mannered when I play, but I have zero tolerance for cheap shot artists. On my adult league team, my brother plays goal, and I play defense, so I am particularly sensitive to anyone who runs the goalie (I'd like to think I'd be the same way if he weren't my brother). We have one guy in our league who used to run him repeatedly, skating into him purposely while saying "I'm sorry!". After a couple of those, I pretended to slip, and fell on top of him and buried my stick in his chest, saying "I'm sorry!" and that was the end of that.

Like Stick9, I take the guys number down and catch up with him at some point in the game. If someone on the other team has a problem, I tell them to ask their guy why I went after him. Fortunately, this stuff is pretty rare in our league, but it happens once in awhile.

The funniest one I remember is we were playing a game and after the whistle some goon put his shoulder into my brother. I went after him, he was about 6'' taller than me and got the best of me, then my brother came out of net to defend me. Me & my brother were yelling at each other, I'm telling him not to stick up for me when I'm sticking up for him, and he's telling me if I'd only learn how to take care of myself, he wouldn't have to. The refs were trying to suppress their laughter, asked if we were finished, and then doled out the penalties.

Ludwig Fell Down is offline   Reply With Quote