Thread: Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-0 ...Game Over
View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 12:17 PM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jase View Post
If that's the direction you want to go on, we are 4 points out of 15th.
Sure but that's a byproduct of this being a shortened season. They actually have a worse record now than they had 30 games into last season. I'm pretty sure if the season started in October that the Oilers would be a lot closer to 30th than 15th.
Of course, that's a lot of what ifs but i'm sure that most can see based on the eye test that this team is closer to a bottom feeder than a playoff team.

I agree with those who say that there is very little developing going on. It has been the same story for years just with a new cast of characters every several years. This franchise hasn't had a star player since Weight and none of the current players are showing true star potential just yet. Even when a player like Gagner shows some upward development, RNH and Eberle along with Petry and Smid start showing regressions. Yakupov is having one of the worst rookie seasons for a #1 in a long time. Justin Schultz now looks completely lost after a solid start etc.
Also, this seems to be a graveyard for solid veterans and any solid veterans that are here tend to get apathetic after a while.
It's pretty disconcerting to see this play out time after time and i think it's fair that fans vent their frustrations even if it could get a bit out of hand at times.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote