View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 12:19 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I think you guys are seriously overrating what Fast is going to bring to this team if he is brought over.

First of all, what is Torts going to do to this kid? I promise he won't plug him into the lineup right away, he's going to give Fast a few practices. Then, it's implementation on the bottom-6 with Boyle as his center, well that's going to be fun to watch!

Even when Kreider came to the Rangers in the playoffs last season and ripped the NHL to shreds, he was still pinned to the bench at moments for "lapses in defensive judgement." I'd expect something like that to happen more to a guy who has never played on a NA sized rink before.

The Rangers should really be exploring bringing in Fast AND Zuccarello and getting guys like Newbury and Asham out of the lineup.

Is Fast a two-way player? Can he play up to Torts's standards for every rookie aside from Miller? (I'm generally asking, I haven't seen him play outside of the WJC)
Hopefully do what he did with Hagelin, bringing him along perfectly right, and helping him blossom into a legitimate top sixer.