View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 01:17 PM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker Island View Post
We'll agree to disagree on that one.

I'm fairly confident that Iginla will contribute more playing on Crosby's wing than Morrow ever will on Pitt's back end. I think it's a fair trade-off to lock Jarome into a multi-year deal.

You're basically getting a guaranteed 30 goal scorer (maybe more playing with an actual Center), even at this stage of his career as Jarome is in fantastic shape and will likely play until he's in his 40s. No point in looking at this year's stats, the environment in Calgary is so toxic right now, it's a minor miracle anyone is scoring.
You are talking to someone who believes Pittsburgh DOESN'T need to acquire Iggy, especially to go on the same line as Crosby, Kunitz and Dupuis. Those three have chemistry. Why screw it up?

We have other needs than to trade a first, a top D prospect and possibly a roster player for him. We need a physical Dman and an upgrade on the third and possibly the fourth lines. I'm a big chemistry guy and inserting Iggy would compromise that.

This Iggy would be a 30 goal scorer with Crosby ... people need to stop this crap. There is no given.