Thread: Post-Game Talk: Oilers lose 3-0 ...Game Over
View Single Post
03-24-2013, 02:20 PM
vCash: 50
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
You might want to consider the frustration within fanbase that causes some fans to be frustrated about other fans wanting this org to engage in a full on *rebuild* suck for years and that they would then somehow magically pull out of that. Building isn't ideally accomplished by destruction imo

What happened last night, and is happening again this season, was forecast by many posters here. That steering a train off the tracks on purpose is rarely a good path to pursue.

Not sure if thats what you're talking about or more specifically the posters that knew we would lose yet again against the blues.
I dunno about you, but if I'm building a new house, I'm knocking the old one down first. And I do think a lot of us thought we'd lose last night. I've been saying since the beginning of the year, playoffs would be one of those things that would be in sight this year, but we wouldn't make it. We are relying on kids who haven't yet adjusted to the mental game of the NHL. That takes time. Some guys can take 3 or 4 years, some guys can take 5 or 6. And we are worried about guys that have been around for a year or 2? I'm not concerned yet. Now if Eberle and RNH are playing like this come this time next season, it might be time to start worrying a bit.

I also think our management and coaching need to be changed, but it isn't even so much that I think they are doing a terrible job or anything, something just needs to be done to placate the masses, and doing a reactionary trade that bites us in the ass is the last thing we want to do, so a front office purge might buy the kids some time.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote