View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 01:24 PM
major major

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sore Loser View Post
As a 20-year old rookie, Cowen spent time in Ottawa's top-4, played in all 82 games, and was definitely a part of the playoff run that gave the Rangers all they could handle. Even had he not played in Spokane, I would tell you that he's one of the most consistent, hard working defenders I've ever seen in the WHL ... and he's 6'5", 230 pounds. Once he's developed his all-around game, look out...

While I'm a big fan of Erixon, I don't see that kind of upside with him. I see a good second pair guy - if everything works out for him. As for Brassard, if it brings us a guy like Jared Cowen in return, I'll personally call him up and inform him of the trade.
I like Cowen too, but Erixon looks brilliant out there- smarts off the charts. Do you think we could persuade them to take a different package? Oh, and though Ottawa fans like the idea of bringing Brass back, as he is local talent, he would have no center spot there with Turris and Spezza.

Edit: On second thought, there just isn't a need for this sort of trade by either club.

Last edited by major major: 03-24-2013 at 01:31 PM.