View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Foy

vCash: 500
I live right by Dulles airport. You'll probably want to drive part way, at least to a metro station. East Falls Church is the easiest to get to from the Dulles Area, but parking can be limited if you are trying to get there around 8, 9, 10 in the morning, and you have to deal with I-66's weird HOV rules. West Falls Church isn't too hard to get to and there is loads of parking. I find parking incredibly easy to park downtown when going to games, but you will probably want to do metro if you will be there for the whole day.

As far as things to do:
All museums are free. I know that they seem hokey and touristy, but some of them are really cool. My favorites are Natural History and Air and Space.
Judging by your time frame, the Cherry blossoms might still be in bloom when you are down here, so I'd recommend walking over to the tidal basin and seeing those. My favorite thing to do in DC.
If the weather is nice, hit up the National Zoo. Lots of fun, free, but lots of walking.

If you have half a day and need something to do, there is a satellite branch of the Air and Space museum 5 minutes south of Dulles Airport (actually on airport property) that displays tons and tons of aircraft throughout history. And there is an actual Space Shuttle on display as well. The museum is free, but parking is $15, but free on Sunday.

Tickets can be found on Stubhub.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote