View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 01:53 PM
lumbergh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The HNIC crew on the Hotstove made mention of Iginla and the small list of teams that is on his list (the Kings are one of them according to Dreger) and the Flames are seeking good young players and picks.

Kevin Weekes added that Iginla does not want to be a rental player, so there could be an opportunity for him to stick with the team he is dealt to. I would like to liken it to the Bruins acquiring Mark Recchi, who played a few seasons with Boston before hanging them up (and won a Cup with them in the process). If the Kings can get Iginla signed to a one or two year extension, then the Kings probably have to strongly consider him as a legit option.

I'm not keen on Iginla as a rental, but as a one or two year option beyond this season, it makes more sense.
Seems to me that the Flames need help on D and in goal. Could a package centered around Martinez or Muzzin look attractive? Once Greene and/or Mitchell return, a move like this would make some space on the roster.

Martinez + Kozun + pick
or
Muzzin + pick

for Iginla. Then return Toffoli to Manchester and keep Penner on the third or fourth line. Adding Iginla would really complete the forward lines.