View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 02:48 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i never said they were better off as a lower seed. i did say that i didnt at all agree with the idea that the caps making the playoffs as a lower seed was a waste of time. the kings were an 8 last season. the flyers a 7 a couple seasons ago.

meanwhile i dont know why anyone would think a top two seed is the only way to go when that hasnt been successful either.

i say let them make the playoffs and see what happens.

selling off your leading scorer and missing the playoffs because making them is a waste of time is.....just wrong in so many ways.

edit: the problem with games in hand is that they are usually made up in back to backs, 3 games in 4 days and/or 4 games in 6 days. its hard to win them. thats why the two wins v the jets and a win v the rangers would be big
But the seeding isn't the only variable. I don't have any expectations for them should they make it in as the 7 or 8 (or 3) seed because they have been terrible all season. Not terrible as in the lose more games than they win. They are terrible at hockey this year. They have a very weak D (that's WITH Mike Green). Their PK is atrocious. Holtby can be good but he's young and wildly inconsistent. Their secondary scoring is actually pretty great, but their primary scoring (8 and 19) have been nonexistent for years and a handful of games doesn't convince me that it's 2008 again.

This isn't the Kings who were packed with depth and underachieving. This is the Caps who are built horribly and underachieving. If we draw a real team, we are going to get crushed.

Last edited by BrooklynCapsFan: 03-24-2013 at 02:55 PM.