View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
I dunno about you, but if I'm building a new house, I'm knocking the old one down first. And I do think a lot of us thought we'd lose last night. I've been saying since the beginning of the year, playoffs would be one of those things that would be in sight this year, but we wouldn't make it. We are relying on kids who haven't yet adjusted to the mental game of the NHL. That takes time. Some guys can take 3 or 4 years, some guys can take 5 or 6. And we are worried about guys that have been around for a year or 2? I'm not concerned yet. Now if Eberle and RNH are playing like this come this time next season, it might be time to start worrying a bit.

I also think our management and coaching need to be changed, but it isn't even so much that I think they are doing a terrible job or anything, something just needs to be done to placate the masses, and doing a reactionary trade that bites us in the ass is the last thing we want to do, so a front office purge might buy the kids some time.
Well being that I love analogies if the house is functional, and able to be remodeled, redesigned, and preserved with some work I do that. If lawywers, real estate agents, developers etc, are not on board for that I might look at firing that first, and then working on the house. Not having the worst advisors in my ear micro managing what I choose to do.

Placating the masses all the time is a fools game. A sensible org makes sensible decisions for its shareholders. It doesn't put the shareholder front center in decision making when the shareholders are known to be reactive, emotive, and with bipolar expressed opinions. Not meaning to demean with the latter either. Its fandemonium (I like that) of sorts and in all of us and expressed in different ways.

Things are rarely as good, or bad, as they appear.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote