Old
03-24-2013, 03:37 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactforcoach View Post
Will try to be objective here after attending the last four home games:

Last night we lost to a far superior team. Lets face it, the team we played last night could have beat any team in the league the way they were clicking. I didn't boo the Oilers at the end but I could understand why many did. I think Horcoff and the media should realize that the fans were not only booing the team but the whole damn organization. To open a radio show by calling down the fans for expressing their frustration only adds insult to injury.

Loosing game 3 to San Jose was harder to take. THey played a great game for 2 periods (the fans were cheering) then collapsed in the third. Sure San Jose came at them hard but that was when the Oilers should have gone for the throat and tried to increase the lead, not crawl into the fetal position with a shortened bench and hoped they could protect the lead.

Game 2 against Nashville, another good game against a beat up short handed team. At least the Oilers had a chance to play a decent 60 minutes and see what they need to do in order to be successful. (The fans were really cheering)

The first game against Detroit, a very exciting game to watch (the fans were cheering) but again Kruger elected to back off in the third and dare the Red Wings to try and tie it. The Oilers are not built for that kind of hockey, they need to always be on the attack. We are not good enough defensively to play that way. When your offensive game wins the first 45 minutes of the game why would you change it?

Overall I was more disappointed with the two games that we lost after having 2 goal leads than I was last night. The big question will be how the Oilers react going into Nashville, and will they be looking for some payback in St Louis.
Payback against St. Louis? Here's a GIF for emphasis.

Lone Starr = Blues
Dark Helmet = Oilers

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote