View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 03:52 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I get the general frustration surrounding the fanbase. A 3-0 game doesn't look good in any light, especially at home. I don't think they played too poorly and at times where victims of horrendous bounces (the 2-0 goal and Schultz had a wide open net that the puck jumped over his stick). But the Blues played a fantastic hockey game. People around here often look at how the Oilers played and not their opposition.

The Blues are a damn good hockey club. They have pieces all over the place that most of us Oiler fans would kill for. But the real culprit here...

Is the Avalanche GM for that ******, ****ing downright ******* stupid Erik Johnson trade. That trade put the Blues over the top (at least in terms of making the jump from good to great) and sank the Avs.
For sure, my read on the Blues this year is Definite SC contender. They are my darkhorse this year. Maybe even favorite. Last night was simply the best opponent execution we've witnessed all year. What impressed me is through 32 minutes we held this Blues team to 9shots. Then we screwed up and tried to open it up against them. By the end of the 2nd period the Oilers had lost the gameplan and guys started to adlib. But for 32 mins we played an unfamiliar, but very necessary game that this club needs to know how to play.

That avalanche trade was sinfully bad.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote