View Single Post
03-24-2013, 04:05 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Was this turn around as simple as getting rid of Macho? Seems like all of a sudden the team is at least competing?
I wouldn't make that much of it.
Machacek also was tied for 2nd for winning the hardest working IceCaps award. He wasn't the same but I think the narrative of room cancer can be overstated. Most of these professionals know it's in their best interests to strive their hardest regardless of someone who wasn't. He definitely didn't do as well as normal and I'm sure it effected the game of the players somewhat, but there is no way one player can cause that much when the other players have way too much riding on their own performance.

I think there was some terrible luck involved plus a really young D-core.
*Pasquale and Dekanich have way worse SV% then their norm. (Pasquale stole a lot of games last season)
*Almost all of the IceCaps sharp shooters have been shooting below their normal SH% (Maxwell, Maceneaur, Gagnon, Jaffaray, Machacek, Burmistrov, King, Cormier, etc were all way under).
*Melchiori, Chiarot, O`Neill and Sol are all playing technically their first full season of AHL pro.