View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 05:51 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
We have snipers down on the farm who are close to ready. It could be argued that TT is ready to start today as one of our top 6 due to his being a sniper. Vey is clearly close to ready to get his first cup of tea and like I said when we drafted him is a lock for a 3rd line center with upside.

I am all for dealing young players prospects and picks to shore up holes if needed or even if we are dealing them to make significant upgrades to our line up as well. I am not down with the idea that simply because a player is established and has been good that we should sell the farm to get them on the team in the hopes that they will absolutely make us better.

In Iggy's case yes, he still has some gas in the tank and is a solid player no doubt but I wouldn't include Vey Toffi or even A Mart in a move to get him unless he was already signed to a 3yr deal.

Same can be said for Morrow etc. There are players out there who are upgrades at a few of our spots but they aren't pending UFA's.

I think that TT and Vey could use a little bit more seasoning but I would rather go with them then deal them for anything short of a significant upgrade over what we already have available and even then only if that was an area of critical need.

Its the Detroit philosophy, keep adding from within and go out and get players only when they are significantly better than what you have.