View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 06:32 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2mybordeleau View Post
when i refer to the last two years i date back to his first call up, and yes i agree his incision of offence was great last year, i thought that with the terrible back end play and ability to make rushing plays he would help but he has not, he was more effective at it in his first call up. he seems to have lost his swagger from a first call up, almost similar to holos in terms of what i've seen on the ice from him

defensively i haven't seen any improvement in my eyes, i thought he might have shown some improvement but i haven't seen it.

my mistake for forgetting he was injured at some point, i vaguely remember it, but not for an extended period of time.

i'm agreeing that sacco also isn't giving him the opportunity or chances for him to succeed , but unlike barrie i haven't seen elliot do anything that is going to say " i'm going to stay up with the club" or any play that has made it a tough decision for the club to send him back down, first year up he was doing rushes taking chances, now he's not, maybe he's listening to what the D coach is saying (quinn?) , regardless a player getting called up needs to make a statement, and he more or less is just another bottom pair on this wretched defence.

when i refer to him showing no growth , growth may have happened but if he isn't going to use his talents or seemingly fight for the roster , then what's the point even if he is twice the player. he was much better his first 25 or so games in the nhl. a year and a half later he should be trying to do more than he was.

But, just to point out your statement on Barrie, he didn't do anything to say "I'm going to stay up with the club". You'll remember that he was placed with Hejda in the first game after EJ was concussed.

Until then yeah, Barrie showed some nice stuff, but also some rookie struggles and he was in/out of the lineup.

I mean it was incredibly stupid for Sacco to not even TRY an EJ-Elliott pairing, because Elliott couldn't be WORSE than Hunwick on EJ's side, could he have been?

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote