View Single Post
Old
08-07-2006, 06:47 PM
kingsfan25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wupmasta2000 View Post
I rate DT "good."

Someone quoted Larry Robinson as saying, "You can't make chicken soup out of chicken ****," when asked about his tenure as a Kings coach. I believe DT would be justified in making the same comment regarding his tenure as a Kings GM.

Why? Two reasons: The Blake trade and the Schnieder trade.

Blake left b/c Uncle Phil wouldn't pay him. I have no doubt that DT was willing to give Blake the contract he sought.

Schneider was trade b/c the Kings "could not afford" to keep both Miller and Schneider. Are you kidding me???

Moves I didn't like: Letting mini-me Blake go and the gawd-awful Tambellini/Grebeshkov deal. The deadline moves, in my opinion, were more of a result of Uncle Phils cheapness rather than DT's incompitence. Heck, even this year DT had to "ask" for more money to operate near the cap.

I HIGHLY doubt things are going to be much better for Dean Lombardi. But, maybe he can make the chicken **** taste a little less bitter.

To be fair, the restrictions AEG can place on DL are significantly less than those that were placed on DT for the balance of his tenure.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote