View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 06:45 PM
ki11joy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
I feel like most of the problem you're talking about could be helped by improving the quality of the tournaments in the game, or finding another way to draw people to play the online ones. Its one of the things I like about the team-specific tournaments, you gotta usually dress a real 4th line and 3rd d-pair, unfortunately finding a match in tournaments this year is brutal as far as I've found.

I love playing teams who have themes, I'm working on theming my second line now, as I have team Canada's nash-toews-Richards, and the oilers kid line, then I'm gonna try to theme my 4th line and my d pairs similarly, makes team building more fun at least.

I wish there was a third decent forward wearing number 4 so I could put them with lecavalier and hall
Yes, the tournaments with salary restrictions and player requirements lead to some better variety in rosters and game play. Sure beats seeing the same players over and over again.

Maybe if you want to keep the Canada theme, you could do a CHL line? My roster is mostly made of current and former Flyers, so I gave my 4th line an AHL theme with current former Philadelphia Phantoms, Kyle Greentree and Ryan Potulny, and that line has actually done really well for me. Even if they're not scoring all the time, they manage to keep puck possession for the entire shift. Before that, I was using an Adirondack Phantoms line that was decent as well. And I've also got Mike Richards, Gagne, Carter, Williams, Pitkanen, Sbisa, Bobrovsky, etc. to round out the Flyers theme. I think I've run into 2 other players who had something similar for Penguins/Maple Leafs. Other than that, not much variety in rosters unless it's someone who's probably new and just started their HUT team.