Old
03-24-2013, 07:54 PM
Aerial

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
What do you think of him as a player?
What is he best at?
What intangibles does hour bring to your team?
Does he kill penalties?
Etc thanks
Ladd? I'm a fan, and after a bit of a rough welcome to him last year I think most Jets fans generally are. He's not a superstar, but he's a solid, gritty complementary winger. He isn't necessarily amazing at any one thing, but he's a well-rounded player who doesn't mind going to the hard areas, has a pretty filthy wrister, and can hit, pass, and defend. Yes, he does PK for us, and is a solid two-way forward.

As far as intangibles, none of us are in the room so this is all a guess, but Ladd's sort of a guy's guy with two Stanley Cup rings so he's got all the intangibles that brings. Not a super outspoken leader, from what we've been told, but tends to lead by example. He's relatively level-headed, and doesn't mind dropping the gloves if called to or if he needs to send a message. He's a pretty good fighter too.

Overall, totally solid choice for captain on the Jets, IMO.

ETA: I can't remember where I got this from, but someone once joked that if you look up "hockey player" in a dictionary, you'd see a picture of Andrew Ladd. That's about right. He's basically the archetypical Canadian forward.

Last edited by Aerial: 03-24-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote