Thread: Eberle and RNH
View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Oiler11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Which didn't impact him at all in a recent shootout when he snapped the puck so hard the goalie didn't move on it. The problem with Eberle is clear, not getting into money areas consistently enough. Of course on a shootout nobody is around to slam him into the middle of next week.

Eberle more than anything is a little rattled at the NHL heavy metal thrown at him these days. Something he has to man up to and get over. He will. But I imagine its a shock to the system when hockey players hit like this.

Proverbial welcome to the NHL sometimes arrives later than it should.
Seriously? You think teams *just* this season started playing the body on him? He's been worked over since he got here, and he still managed nearly a PPG last year.

I've seen him miss more glorious in the slot chances in the last 4 weeks than I have in his entire career. His timing and accuracy is off, I'm more willing to attribute that to a hand injury than a sudden dramatic increase of physical play against him (or his aversion to it). All those misses are playing with his head and confidence; he's never been this snake-bitten before, in any league he has played in.

Which is why it might be best to just pull him, let him get back to 100% and get a fresh start.

Oiler11 is offline   Reply With Quote