View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 08:38 PM
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
I am happy that MB is making the personnel decisions and not you... and your need to degrade players like Desharnais speaks volumes. You could have disagreed with the decision to sign Desharnais without calling him a midget... but chose to take the low road.
It's a physical game and we got pummeled by the Bruins for two years. The Jacques Martin era is seared into my retinas.

When you have one short, non-physical player - that's one thing. When you sign one for five years and give him the captaincy, extend another for four years mid-season where he's playing poorly and extend another till age 38 who happens to play next to PK fn Subban - something is amiss.

It's a physical game, it's a game of speed and strength and talent. Martin St Louis doesn't play like a midget and he doesn't produce like one either. Gallagher seems to kick ass, though he's still a rookie and we don't know what he's going to play like as he develops. DD and Gionta are non-physical short players on a team that was infamous for the better part of three years for having non-physical short players and diving their way to victory. I'm sick of that image and that culture, Clowe would be a welcome change if he comes cheap and plays on third line if Bourque ends up injured for a long time.