View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon View Post
Considering what a 34 year old UFA Brendan Morrow just returned, that's not anywhere near enough.

The Bruins just watched the Penguins, a team they may have to face in the playoffs improve themselves. Doubt they'll just sit back and let things go.

Koko was on the table for Morrow. If the Bruins are going after Iginla, he'll be in there as well. Unless the Flames don't want him.
Comparing everything to Morrow won't get you anywhere. The Bruins will refrain from having to go over the top, Chia's smarter than that. He won't overpay. The Morrow deal was speculation but regardless, it's not comparable. I think the Bruins offer Spooner and a first. If anything more they walk. That's just my opinion.

I was just offering that amount before as a courtesy. I know people can be a bit sensitive. Personally I don't see Iggy fetching a roster player + blue chipper + 1st rounder. That seems a bit much.
He very well could. LA would make sense. Tyfolli and a first is what I heard as starting point. That's fine and maybe it's enough. I just don't know how much more Chia would be willing to offer in comparison, he's been known to be pretty shrewd and if someone asks too much, he says no. Kaberle was an exception as he had some fascination with the guy. Excusable considering we ended up winning it.