View Single Post
Old
12-24-2003, 09:35 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zherdev Fan
I doubt it. A good example is when you guys took Brian Finley with the 6th Overall Pick in 99. I doubt Nashville needed another goltending prospect, with Vokoun still very young, but you took one anyways.

Besides, all you get is another asset, which can easily be traded for other assets when the time comes.

we took finley because he was supposedly the best goalie to come along in a while. a franchise kind of guy. vokoun looked, at the time, to be nothing more than a career backup. we had NO ONE in the systemas far as goaltenders, and so finley was the obvious choice. i'm sorry..but i still think that you don't take the "best available,"'' unless it's something you have room for. You take the best available in regard to what you need. Florida didn't need Nash. Columbus didn't need J-Bo. they were able to deal because of that.

hillbilly...keep an eye on Brandon Segal. He's lighting it up in the Dub this year, and will definitely at least be in Milwaukee next year(should have been, this year). Power forward with a booming shot,and along with Setzinger, was the best forward in camp this year.