View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 09:21 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
8th place, 9th place, 1st place and 8/9th place in his 4 years here and people defend him to death lol

For me at least, I'm not crazily in favor of him. I think he seriously needs to tweak the strategy to take into account the fact that this roster isn't as strong as last years. However, I also think that most of the arguments against him are emotional and illogical. People blame the coach because he doesn't put on the uniform and win games. On top of that, Torts isn't terribly charismatic with the media so he's an easy target for hate. I love Gaborik as a player, but he deserves a lot of the blame. I sort of like Richards as a player, but he deserves a ton of the blame. Sather also is at fault for adding to a necessary gamble of trading 2 depth players by letting a handful of others walk away needlessly. And yeah, Torts is a part of the problem right now as well. However, he's not the entire thing by a long shot, and getting rid of him for Boucher or Ruff just because they're out there would be foolish.