Random thoughts about whats going on...
View Single Post
03-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Join Date: Oct 2009
Originally Posted by
I'm not going to deny it: It really does look like Krueger's mandate for the forwards is to develop a well-rounded game while not letting the players play that wide open game that we see glimpses of. The defense stinks, though. His pursuit strategy is one I don't comprehend. That said, Krueger isn't the issue.
The problem is that Katz has played the game perfectly in the past several years.
perennial awful team without consequences
- no pressure to acquire top talent
- using #1 picks as a drawing card for fans bereft of real talent to watch
huge seat registry base that alone assures continual demand through losing years
- making large profits without any need to spend to the salary cap
- ability to choose a start date for being competitive by simply signing stopgap scrubs
- new arena building with ridiculous profits on the way
- absolute control of hockey market by marketing the Oil Kings to kids and not to adult fans
Needless to say I've been disgusted with this ****show for a long time.
Yup. I Particularly agree with the bolded. Based on the actions, and mostly inactions, there is really no explanation one could come to other than were basically being trolled.
Compared to other organizations, especially the ones that have been perennial losers, major changes have been made. GM's, coaches, directors of hockey operations, players, captains etc have been dropped for so much less than what has been allowed to exist within this org.
The "rebuild" excuse is just a half truth to justify what is really going on. And the really sad thing is that I cant really blame Katz and would probably do the same thing in his position.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by bucktown