View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 09:28 PM
missthenet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebinne4pres View Post
I'm not saying DD has been signed because he is french (So am i) as many do here.

But here's the question:

Do Bergevin, in his first year on the job, after claiming he will take into consideration the need for Quebecers on the team, can trade or not sign the fan's favorite, almost only "gars de chez nous"on the team, David Desharnais?

I'm just saying: it's almost a professionnal suicide for Bergevin to NOT keep and signed Desharnais at this point in his career as GM in MTL. Seriously, Bergevin NEVER HAD THE CHOICE HERE....but that doesn't mean Bergevin didn't want to keep DD.
So what is the answer if you are trying to build a stanley cup contender sign a guy because of where he is from? 3.5 million for a third line center is way to much money, he does not win many faceoffs, does not throw body checks, does not play when they are short a man and probably will not score 20 goals. If he is worth 3.5 million Plecanec is worth is worth 6 million dollars, 3 years 2.5 million a year should of been the maximum. We need to resign Eller in a year what will he want and we cannot afford to lose him.