Thread: Proposal: Deadline deal - NJD - MTL
View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Treb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyrockon View Post
Its not NHL 13 here. Trades just can not be fully in favor of one team like everybody seems to want on here. NJ needs top 6 we need bulk on D. The Canadiens have been doing great wihout bourque. Let me rephrase, we have almost done better without him. so IMO he is expendable. You got to give if you want to get. Maybe people disagree that volch is not worth it, but he is 31 and still sined for another three years I believe. He has plenty of playoff expereince and isnt likely to get injured. I wish people could look passed the statistical margin sometimes. You cant excpect to get an adam larsson for a rene bourque, and you cant excpect to get just volch for bourque either. Anyway this is just my oppinion.I feel it addresses needs to both teams without turning it into some ridiculous block buster offer like I often see in these threads.
Volchenkov has a Kaberle-esque contract for 3 more years. We don't need an overpaid dman on our third pair. We need a physical 5-7th D that we can keep beyond this year.

In a vacuum, Bourque > Volchenkov and Weber+2nd > Bernier/Gionta.

Treb is online now   Reply With Quote