View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 09:34 PM
Iron Chef

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Me View Post
The Wild's success has very little to do with those trades and the Sharks lack of success has very little to do with those trades.
This. It was pretty evident in Saturday's game.

Havlat for Heatley was a great "future" trade for SJ. If SJ fixes its system, Havlat will be great for us if we develop a system that is on par with the direction that the NHL is going in that emphasizes speed and scoring off the transition.

IMO, the Burns trade is looking like slight overpayment by us right now because Seto is on one of his streaks, which SJ fans are very familiar with. Again, Burns is one of those great "future" trades for us. He looks great now, but will only look better on a system that emphasizes speed.

Sheppard for a 3rd? Shoot. I love that one. I love the way Shep has been for us. I see a lot of potential in him.

Really, truly, I want both teams to benefit. The Wild are one of my favorite teams and I genuinely hope that the trades work out for them too. Right now, it just looks lobsided because the Wild are on the incline and we are on the decline.

Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote