View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
I really hope Tambo is an active seller on deadline day, not just to gain prospects/picks, but we need roster spots and an identity change. My (hopefully) reasonable take on some deadline deals:

Hemmer and Whitney for BOS 1st and Camara. Assuming the Kings outbid the Bruins for Iggy, Hemmer can give them some much needed speed and skill paired with his buddy Krejci. Whitney offers a more offensive minded option on their bottom pair and 2nd unit PP option.

Khabby to Jets for 4th rder. Pavelec is very up and down and may benefit from a more seasoned vet as his backup than current one (Montoya). Fans in the Peg will like it for nostalgic reasons.

Belanger to VAN/ANH/MON for a 4th. All teams that are very weak on the dot and killing penalties (Anaheim in particular).

Not sure if there'd be any interest in Petrell/Jones/Peckham/Potter but I would take whatever I could get for them. Fast forward to the off-season and I'd tell Smitty he's either retiring or being bought out, his choice.

The mainstays would look like this, with much of the lineup to be filled via trade/UFA

Hall-RNH-Ebs
Paajarvi-Gagner-Yak
???-Horc-???
Harti-???-Brown

???-???
Smid-JSchultz
Fistric-Klefbom

???
Dubie

Petry and NSchultz must go in deals for an upgrade in order to build a proper top pair.