View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 09:54 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Would you give up Hemsky+Petry for Dougie Hamilton?

I feel if Hamilton is the one going back they'd want Petry over Whitney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
No, I wouldn't. I don't think that highly of him yet. I'd swap Smyth(possibly+) for Caron

Edit: With regards to Hamilton, two things, Myers looked great at the same age, and the Chara factor. How much better do your defensemen become when you have one of the best in the world on the blueline with them.
For what my opinion is worth, I would be very surprised if Dougie doesn't become a great #1 D-man. I was pushing for him hard at 2011 draft (to trade up for him) and said then and now that he was way better than strome. Pietrangelo was a beast when he played for Niagara. Dougie was a bit better.

Ice Dogs record with Dougie Hamilton this year 20-12. Ice Dogs record without Dougie Hamilton this year (still with Strome and Ritchie through most) 10-26. (counting all types of losses together)

That was also a huge eye opener for me. It really pushed me to the idea that I would gladly add to Eberle or Yakupov if it meant getting a guy like Weber, Pietrangelo or Doughty in return. That said, I'd be all for taking a gamble of something like Hemsky + Petry for Hamilton.