View Single Post
Old
08-08-2006, 02:45 AM
therealdeal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hook View Post
I play in a men's rec league, and I'd say about 98% of the players are like me...just out there to have fun, a few laughs, play some hockey, and drink beers.

However, you always get those ******** who think they're Ulf Samuelsson out there and need to get pummelled. What makes the game great is the fact that you are held accountable for your actions. Play hard but with respect, and you'll be fine. Take continued cheap shots or try to goon it up and you get what you deserve.

Personally, I have no problem cross checking goons in the neck, throwing haymakers, or doing whatever it takes if warranted. Nothing too serious, but just my way of saying cut the *****, and do not mess with me or my team.

If somebody is not called out to cease their goonery (e.g. - if the refs are blowing the game), then what will make them stop?

Just wondering how other players on here handle these ants at a picnic. Feel free to post your best fights or whatever methods you've used.
Generally I try to keep my cool, in my hockey career as a defenseman from the age of 6 to 21 I probably have under 15 penalty minutes, most for trip or hook.

But this year in a no hitting league we were up 15-0, 3 seconds left, without the puck I got hit from behind and I was pretty pissed so I slashed him as hard as I could between the helmet and shoulder pads on the side of this neck. It was pretty dirty, but if I had the chance I'd do it again, just harder.

It also should be noted that he was about 5'11 280, and I'm about 5'7 140 soaking wet, definetly the smallest player on my team.

therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote