View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 10:04 PM
NHLFutureGuy3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
I dont understand the last part of your post that I highlighted.

Isnt Eller's competition playing for Pittsburgh and Boston this week?

Didnt Eller get 15+ minutes last night?

You make it sound like Desharnais is forcing Eller to sit on the bench.

Its not a zero sum game between Desharnais and Eller. Both are centers. Both get significant ice time. It is up to Eller to score when he is on the ice, not for you to worry about Eller not scoring when Desharnais is on the ice.

Eller with only 4 goals is not showing clear dominance over Desharnais. And I certainly hope that Eller steps up his scoring as we will need it for the rest of the season and the playoffs.

They are teammates.

Desharnais has to play with at least one or two big wingers. Desharnais gets to play with Pacioretty (our best sniper) and Gallagher ( the calder candidate) while Eller is forced to play with Galchenyuk ( A rookie who is trying to find his scoring touch again ) and Armstrong ( A role player who contributes very little offensively. Also, Desharnais gets more powerplay time than Eller. This is because Desharnais cannot play a defensive role like Eller can so Desharnais gets to play the soft minutes and focus on his offence.

If we didn't sign Desharnais and signed a bigger second/third line centre that can play defence, we would be much better off. Instead Bergevin is handcuffed.