View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 10:08 PM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Czech Your Math View Post
Sorry if I'm being obtuse...
Unfortunately you still are with this nugget of ignorance below.

Quote:
I think the team had a goal of making the playoffs this year, hence the signing of Jagr & Whitney
They were there to be temporary leadership pieces and to help our PP that was the franchise's worst ever in 2011-12. No bloody way the team was playoff bound with that defense.

Quote:
, and they are making a good run at it.
And here's where "delusions of grandeur" would apply.

Quote:
I don't see why them just missing the playoffs in recent years makes it a near certainty that they will do so again this year. The team is quite different than even last year, especially at forward.
Seriously, do you really watch the games?

Quote:
Maybe JN isn't the best GM and should be replaced, I'm not in position to say one way or another. A good GM can draft good players from the 10-14 position and in later rounds, not just in the top 5. I just wonder if the 2010 Flyers should have thrown in the towel, since they just about missed the playoffs... or whether the 2006 Canes should have tanked, since they didn't appear to be much of a contender entering the season. I guess I'll read up about which of the perpetually tanking teams will be in this year's finals. I'm guessing it should be Islanders or Toronto vs. Columbus or Edmonton?

Oh FFS, do YOU have any ****ing clue about this team at all?!! Despite your best efforts, you still come across absolutely dense and ignorant of what's gone wrong and how despite the "change," most issues with the team- inconsistencies, -ve GD, allowing more SOG, getting outworked, poor defense, etc. etc., have remained essentially the same. And the fact that many issues have still remained unaddressed is why we are NOT the Flyers of 2010 that squeaked in and made it to the SCF, or the 2006 Canes. On that note, I ask you this: Are you out of your ****ing mind? You think we're anywhere close to playing like the 2006 Canes, who ended up as #2 seed in the EC and were quite dominant? Had we played like them then it's a different issue, but we haven't, hence your point is essentially moot.,
Stop being ridiculous!

Last edited by StarsFan74: 03-24-2013 at 10:19 PM.