View Single Post
Old
08-08-2006, 02:33 AM
therealdeal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van View Post
I don't care how small you are, what you did is worthy of an assault charge in any league, and your willingness to do it again with even more force only lets us know that you would deserve it. I hope the referee gave you the Match Penalty for intent to injure.

The reason I don't ref rec hockey anymore is because of three kinds of players...

1. The a$$holes who think they're in the show and treat everybody like crap.

2. The a$$holes who can't just laugh at the guys pretending the 10:00pm start in an empty 100-seat arena is Game 7 of the SCF, and they decide to retaliate in an equally cheap and disgusting manner.

3. The a$$holes who don't appreciate the officials taking time away from their personal lives to spend a few evenings per week at the arena so they can play hockey.

With very few exceptions, all rec players I've had experience with can fit into one of these categories. To simplify it, I quit reffing rec hockey because the players are all a bunch of a$$holes.
He wasn't even hurt and he skated away and we both got 2 game suspension.

Even now knowing what I did was dirty, I'd still do it. If he pressed charges on me, I'd do the same to him.

Last edited by therealdeal: 08-08-2006 at 10:07 AM.
therealdeal is offline   Reply With Quote