Thread: Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers 3/24/13
View Single Post
Old
03-24-2013, 10:32 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch2McDonagh27 View Post
is Beaver sucking so bad because of Torts system....where he just dumps the puck aimlessly into the corners for the opposing D to retrieve

Or has his skills deteriorated (albeit it slipped just enough) where he can no longer perform at a high level (like he has for the past few years). I mean, he was never the fastest, guy, nor had the hardest shot. His Hockey sense and IQ is what carried him to be able to make plays. Except he hasn't ANY plays in ages. I don't remember the last positive thing he has donw for this team. He has not made or set up any passes nor plays. Hell, he can't even connect a single pass to a teammate. He shoots wide EVERYTIME on the opportunities that he has on goal. The last time he did anything for this team was his Game 7 opening goal and the 6.6 seconds Goal in last year's Playoffs.

So the question is.......is he really done as a premier player? Or is this a Bi-product of this Pathetic Tortorella system??? Or both???
Probably a combination of both. Although I am not quite sure if it is or isn't the shorten season. It could be that he needs a proper camp. I am skeptical that a guy of his skill set can so dramatically fall apart so quickly.

What I can say is that Richards does not fit a grinding hockey system. Gab-Richards-Nash is not a grinding line. That is a transitional/puck possession line.

Richards does not have the size, strength, or agility to play below the hash marks effectively. Richards is a guy who needs to play high in the Ozone or in the gaps. The only way you can play grind/grit with Richards is with two physically dominating players with decent hands. Gabs does not fix that description at all. Nash is solid on the boards but he is the only one on that line.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote